Up | Down

Meet me:

Meet me:
Click here
 

Day six.

~ ~
Day six.

Rest.

Rest or in my case study and wish I were resting. Sometimes we are always on the go that we forget to just step back rest and maybe catch a 15 minute nap. Just 15 minutes can make you feel more energized.


My restful day.

So last night I ombred my hair ( DIY to come) and was up most of the night... So this morning woke up early and went straight to the library to study.. pulling an all nighter tonight for my Managerial Accounting class... womp womp no rest for me, I wish I had my 15 minutes for a cat nap. Here is a preview of my ombre hair... hard to tell but it fades out at the bottom from my normal color!


Creative inspiration.

So the other day I did some crayon art. A super great idea that you can do with kids or just to dress up your wall. First you will need:

1.) A blank canvas ( you can get two from walmart for about $5)
2.) Crayons ( depends how many you need with how big your canvas is.. you can get the cheap crayons for $.48 or splurge and get crayola for about $1 a box )
3.) Newspaper ( so you can lay down under your canvas so when the wax melts it doesn't go everywhere)
4.) Hot glue gun and glue sticks
5.) Blow dryer

First step: Get your blank canvas 

Second Step: Line up your crayons the way you want and then hot glue gun them to your canvas. Make sure you keep the wrapper on the crayon. You can get creative with this as well you don't have to do them in a straight line. ( ex. you can zig zag if you want.)


Third Step: After your crayons are glued down. Start blow drying the crayons. ( I learned from trying it is better to point the blow dryer towards the center of the crayons so that the color melts straight down and does not splatter everywhere.) Make sure you set down your newspaper under your canvas so the crayon wax doesn't drip all over the floor :)


Fourth step: Finished!
 Here are the way mine came out I did a couple different things.
These two are the same way as the tutorial above.

This one is a little different. I took the blank white canvas and drew an umbrella with pencil then painted the rest of the canvas black. After instead of gluing down white crayons I just held one single white crayon in my hand and as it melted let it drip down the canvas so it looks like rain ( it looks much better in person) then to add a little more I bought a pearly paint and added short lines down the canvas so it looks like rain and also pinging off the umbrella ( hard to see in picture), but it came out really great!

Thanks for reading. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and remember to take my poll on the left hand side if you haven't yet :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 - Soul Inspiration
IniMinimalisKah is proudly powered by Blogger