Up | Down

Meet me:

Meet me:
Click here
 

Day nineteen.

~ ~
Day nineteen.


Just think about tomorrow.


Although yesterday was stressful I just closed my eyes and remembered tomorrow I will be one step closer to moving and Alaska! I am finished with two classes and only two more to go. Had a study sesh with my bestie until midnight then ran to Walmart and was able to get about thirty huge boxes so we can pack all our stuff for the big move to our new Orlando apartment and slowly feeling the stress melt away. Tonight we booked a hotel in Orlando (we live in Orlando but sometimes you just need a get away) and are going to drink, study and be loud!! I love exams week <3

Light it up.

Well since I am on this DIY recycle interior designing kick. I decided to do one on lighting fixtures and re-using light bulbs as accents in your house. I was so excited when I actually found my hair chalking tutorial on pinterest.
 (small things make me smile.)


Alright this lighting fixture below is really quite simple to make all you have to do is:
 1. Blow up a balloon
2. Soak some string/hemp in glue
3. Wrap the balloon with the string/hemp
4.Let dry for a couple of days 
5.Pop balloon and attach your light bulb/fixture

The basket lighting is also very easy to do. 
1. Find a basket you are fond of
2. Cut a hole
3. Attache to lighting fixture 

The picture below is a light bulb that has been hollowed out and then some dirt and a plant seed was put in and it makes a cute conversation plant piece.

This is a light bulb that has been made as another lighting fixture, an oil lamp. This DIY also involves hollowing out the light bulb. After that step is completes add some oil used in lamps and the appropriate rope and you are all set.

I love this light bulb idea to hang and use them as vases. They as so cute but the light bulbs need to be hollowed out before you can use them as a vase.

This is a unique door knob that requires the light bulb to be made into concrete.

Tea cups as lighting fixtures... how cute! This I am guessing on but I am thinking that you need to buy some epoxy glue that can handle heat and glue the tea cup and the plate together after you have already managed to cute a hole into the bottom and then slip the bulb in and hang.

How clever a use for umbrellas as lighting fixtures? So cute and sheik. 

Last but not least this is a great wedding or party lighting idea... All you have to do:
1. Wine glasses
2. Insert votive candles into wine glasses
3. Apply mini lamp shades over the wine glasses and votives for a mini lamp at each table

Thank you for reading and following. Please be sure to comment. Also if you could please do the poll on the right hand side of DIY's you would like to see me do in the future.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 - Soul Inspiration
IniMinimalisKah is proudly powered by Blogger